Thursday 19 November 2015

Cheam Camera Club: Colour Print

Entering two of my favourite images - I so hope the judge has kind words - I would very much like to pop them on my wall when the season is finished but if he is harsh I will never be able to look at them again, with fondness!!!!  I was on holiday when this competition took place, so have relied on another member to take feedback for me.

Colour Print
Round 2:

The Milky Way, Wales:  Having taken on board comments from the first colour competition about having the focal point central I mounted this image so the church was to one side.  I love the central position but there is no point in getting feedback if I don't apply it to make the image better!  Judges comments -  'The judge thought you had an interesting challenge.  You had produced a feeling of distance with a sense of location. He liked the beautifully lit building, the subtle tones and the intense blue.  Also he felt the intense blues and pinks were lovely. - Score 10

Entered Image




Image I love




Lavender:  I just love this shot - taken in my back garden, I love the angle, I love the detail - and I added (my first time) a texture to the image - so, in the flesh, it looks a little like an oil painting.  I was so pleased with the effect - however I have never seen anything during my time at the club processed in the same way so am a little concerned about how it will be received..  Judges comments - 'the judge felt my paper was an excellent choice.  The image was 'restful'  and the limited depth of field was good and the image had a beautiful surround frame' -  Score 10




Well, not one but two tens!! Whoop whoop!!! Can't believe it!  Nothing more to say than - I have peaked way to early!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment