Thursday 18 July 2013

Preparation for Yarndale: Part One

Have I told you I'm off to Yarndale..... Oh my goodness, I'm beyond excited..... with three good friends it's going to be a woolfest of a weekend!

As part of the weekend Lucy (Attic 24) and friends have put a 'wool' call out to help yarn bomb their local park! Crochet Granny Bunting - any colour - but all the same size - Lucy even kindly presented us with a pattern to follow.... Granny Bunting

I started on the last day of May... the beginning...


Was only going to make a two or three but sometime later....



From this....


With a quick steam from the iron - to this....


And Ta Dah...... can you see what I've done..... yeh right neither can I - perhaps if I zoom in....


Now?..... what... NOOOOO..... I hear you cry..... you perhaps should consider specsavers.....OR.... I really should have used much bigger letters!!!




Oh well you'll just have to visit Yarndale in September to see......

I had intended to finish it all there.....but decided that if I had time during my recent holiday to make some small flowers I would add an extra bit of decoration - and do you know what - many flowers were made!!

So last night... the flowers and buttons came out to play.



Ta Dah (Again)...




These triangles were great fun....simple but so effective - bet you can't make just the one!! Go on try....



And of course, now to post them off to Lucy and friends.....  something bright for protection...


Brown paper or BBBBUUUUUUTTTTTOOOOONNNNN paper........


And off we go to the post office ....


Look out for my blog post in September to see if I spot my work amongst the thousands of other bunting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Suddenly a jiffy envelope seems soooooooooo below standard !!
    :( ;)

    ReplyDelete