Saturday 7 January 2012

New Projects and Old

Some me time this weekend!!  Before starting the chores!

Tea and Timeout 6.12.2012

Some time also to progress with my friends birthday gift.  I'm making good headway but am very conscious of my time frame.

50th Birthday Gift7.1.201250th Birthday Gift7.1.2012

 
I had also managed to locate a local wool shop during the week and a trip this weekend was planned to see what wool could be purchased for a new project I wish to start on the crochet front.  Having been quilting for some time now I know good cottons and what works and what doesn't but being so new to crochet the volume of wool is overwhelming.  I am also having great difficulty finding the colours I need. 

New Wool for Ripple Blanket 7.1.2012


A very successful trip was had - the best colour selection I have seen in the few local shops we have in area. http://www.maximewools.co.uk/  The staff were very helpful - talking me through different one and suggesting ranges that had options of bright colours.  I have purchased three colours to be getting on with and to see how they crochet up.  Watch this space.....

During the last week I have also finished two of the smaller UFO from 2011.  Both these projects were found on http://www.attic24.typepad.com/ - this is the site that has inspired me to both start crochet and blogging.

Crochet Flowers - Christmas gifts 2011  Christmas Dec finished 2.1.2012

Well that's two projects off the UFO list another ??  to go... ( I think it's best I never count the UFO - well its valuable quilting time isn't it)

Making of Lemonade was also on the list this weekend - as didn't manage during the Christmas break.
Lemonade 8.1.12



Also some progress made on my pink quilt for my friends little girl.  One set of boarders on - another to go on - hopefully this week.

Pink Quilt 8.1.12  Pink Quilt 8.1.12

A busy but satisfying weekend!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment